20 Ton Hydraulic Drum Unloader – Model 230
Uniflow Hot Melt Drum Unloaders are used in a wide array of industries and with a large selection of hot melt adhesives, but one thing is consistent. No other drum unloader can match the performance of a Uniflow.
Consistently outperforms the competition.
How do we beat the competition? Uniflow platens are machined from a solid piece of aircraft-grade aluminum, and that enables us to produce 6,000 square inches of heat transfer surface. That’s double the surface area of other platens and is why our melt rates and production rates eclipse the competition.
Improves production without increasing costs.
When customers around the world want to improve their production rate without increasing their cost, they turn to Uniflow. And when they want to pump highly viscous hot melt materials, they can count on Uniflow.
About the Model 230 Hot Melt Drum Unloader
- 6,000 square inches of heat transfer area, yielding higher melt rates.
- Ram force up to 40,000 pounds.
- Patented “SEG-O-SEAL” Segmented Drum Seals. Damaged Seal Section can be replaced by “Tapping In” repair plug (Even on hot Platen).
- 34 KW (Optional 52 KW) platen
- PLC Machine Control w/ Touch Screen Operator Interface
- PLC-Based Temperature Controller
- Touch Screen Temperature Display
- Run/Stand-By Temperature Settings
- Over-heat and Low Heat Alarm & Auto Shutdown
- “Toe Clamp” drum hold-down device for steel drums
- High-Pressure Flexible Heated Hose with Dual Platinum RTD’s and JIC Swivel end Fittings, 5/16” ID thru 2″ ID, Teflon-Lined
- Rugged Positive Displacement Gear Pump with Hardened Internals
- Operates with Fiber or Steel Drums
- 1-1/2″ solid steel base plate, or 3″ solid steel plate for 20-ton unit
- AC Inverter Duty, Variable Speed Pump Motor
- Stack light indicators
- Heated “Drum Empty” air bleed valve with boost and with release-coated collector pan & safety guard
- Coated Collector Pan & Safety Guard (Model 308)
- O-Ring Face Seal, 4-Bolt, Pump Outlet Port (Accepts Optional Multi-Hose Manifold.)
- Release Coated Platen Drip Tray, (Model 078)
- Positive Pressure Platen Wiring Chamber
- Weight: 1,300 to 2,000 lbs.
- Dimensions: 59″ w x 40″ d x 112″ h (fully raised).
- Air Requirement: 100 psi.
- Air Consumption: Less than 1 SCFM.
- Electrical Service: 208/230 VAC, 3 ph, STD. (480Vopt.) 50/60 HZ, 150/200 AMP Entrance.
- Power Consumption: 135 AMPS at 230 VAC
- Temperature Range: 100 F to 550 F (Depending on Platen Style)
- Material Flow Rate: Up to 2000 lbs./hr. Depending on hot melt type and Platen Style.
- Material Viscosity: 100 CPS to 2 Million CPS
- Start-Up Time: Less than 20 minutes. (From 65°F)
- Drum Change Time: 2 Minutes
- Total “Drum Change” Flow Interruption: Less than 5 minutes.
- Hydraulic Power Clamping – Opens or closes (5) hardened clamps on the stainless steel clamshell in 7 seconds.
- Semi-Automatic Bleed/Boost – Reduces drum change time and improves operator safety.
- Linear Position Sensor – Monitors exact height of the platen at all times.
- Continuous Flow – Uses two or more Uniflows in a system to deliver uninterrupted hot melt flow, even during drum changes.
Here’s What Customers Are Saying about the Uniflow Model 230:
“IMMCO made a big improvement on our production speed. The Uniflow Model 230HO gave us double the pump rate of what we were getting from our other hot melt drum unloaders. They make a good piece of equipment, and we would readily buy another one.”
Bruce Nichypor, Process Engineer
Read the Model 230 Case Study for this Functional Coatings project.
Get a Quote for a Uniflow Model 230 Hot Melt Drum Unloader
The Model 230 Uniflow will melt and pump adhesives faster than any competing machine. Need high production rates? We can help. Have a very high viscosity material? The Uniflow Model 230 is the best choice.
We may be able to set up a test that will allow you to see how our machines will handle the specific material being pumped on your production line. Click on the link below to request a quote for a Uniflow Model 230 hot melt machine.